Wednesday 13 February 2013

Week 14 - Creating Game


Last weekend, Andy requested me to produce a 1st draft for QA & RO plan. As, I was always working on weekends, I told him that hopefully I am able to produce a 1st draft on this Monday. But, I didn't manage to time well, so didn't produced any. When I came in class on Monday, I knew my team mates were quiet disappointed with my absent work. That ended up in a heating conversation in our team when, Stephen claimed, "He didn't produced any quality work at all even in the last trimester, and he is continuing the same this trimester too". I came to know from Andy and Stephen that they had a conversation before about my inconsistency and it forced them to take a decision of firing me from the team. But, I know that, as a designated role of game artist, I did produced character sketches, main menu image, and sprite sheets for the game in last trimester. Some how , they decided to overrule my sprite sheets with Callum's without giving me any notice, but I was quiet happy with his sprite sheet too.But at this instance, I requested them to give me another chance to produce a QA plan because, I didn't wanted to left out of the team half way through. They agreed, and I produced a draft one for today. 

During the group meeting with John, we shared it with him, and he said, "this is a software engineering type of QA plan and you need to re write it." I wasn't disappointed because, I tried at least rather than not doing anything, and taking criticism from my team members. I took the responsibility of re writing the QA for the next week, as the way John expecting.

Andy told me that they don't have nothing else to give me to work on, as Andy doing the programming, Stephen doing the scripting, and Callum doing the character design. That's why, I left with doing the QA report only at this stage. Also, he suggested me to learn the HTML5 in more depth, so I may help Andy with some programming in later stage.


No comments:

Post a Comment